HOW TO FIRESTOP FOR LINEAR AND PERIMETER JOINTS
Firestop solutions for movement and waterproofing
Perimeter wall fire barriers pose unique design challenges.
Like all construction joints, a curtain wall joint is constantly moving and shifting against the building structure.
The joint may also be exposed to weather, outdoor and indoor elements during and after construction.
So when you’re specifying a firestop solution for curtain walls you need to take into account movement, leakage and water ratings to avoid costly retrofitting in the future.
When you’re firestopping the edge of a slab along the perimeter of a building, you also need to choose a firestop system to work with the exterior sheathing of the building.
This could be made of a variety of components such as curtain wall assemblies, pre-caste concrete panels or cold formed steel framing and sheathing.
OUR HILTI SOLUTIONS FOR LINEAR AND PERIMETER JOINTS
Our Hilti firestop solutions for linear and perimeter joints include:
- Our Hilti Sealant and Hilti Joint Spray – our most widely used firestop products for edge of slab solutions.
- A wide range of firestop systems for exterior use.
- We’re also the first manufacturer to offer a patented and tested floor-to-ceiling vision glass system to meet design needs.
Our Hilti firestop solutions are easy to install and easy to inspect.
They also conform to the most stringent international standards, such as ASTM and EN and are code compliant meeting ETA and UL requirements.
RELATED HILTI FIRESTOP PRODUCTS
HOW WE CAN HELP WITH YOUR DESIGN AND SPECIFICATION
We can help with your design and specification onsite, online or on the phone:
- Design tools – use our extensive Hilti BIM/CAD library and easy to use Hilti Button for Firestop design software, which can automatically identity penetrations for firestop and recommend firestop solutions.
- Help onsite – our Hilti engineers can work with you onsite to help with specification and solutions.
- Specifying designs – contact us by phone or online to find the right product and documentation for your design.
- Technical documents – access our online technical library to find pre-planning documents, datasheets and approval documentation. Simply cut and paste drawings and text straight into your own design.